Thursday 31 May 2012

Review: Gerry Tales

Gerry Tales: How I Lived Happily Ever After, Despite Stabbing Myself in the Back, Scalding My Cojones, and Really Pissing Off My Wife During Childbirth

by Gerry Boylan

Click to buy this book on Smashwords






Review by: Words'n'Music : star star star star

For the most part, this book was excellently and humorously written. I laughed out loud throughout, provoking odd looks from my husband and daughters who kept asking what I was laughing at.

I give it 4 stars out of 5 as there is a chunk in the middle taken up with detailed descriptions of the author's sons' achievements in their school basketball and baseball games. As an almost 40-year-old English lady, I have little idea about and less interest in the aforementioned sports so I found that section rather dull - sorry!

But once through that there are still some gems and a heart-stopping moment on the other side so it is well worth reading. And if you like basketball and baseball, so much the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment